As a doula/parenting coach/nutrition guide/women's issue advocate, these are the top snacks/drinks I recommend for moms on the go:
1. juice boxes. do not need refrigeration, can keep for one to two months or more, compact.
2. homemade trail mix in a ziploc bag. Fruits, berries, cereal, little chocolate chips: easy to keep energy on the go.
3. EmergenC. Keep a box or two in the car; just add water, which is also a necessity.
4. Water. A case of small bottles or one jug, whatever. Cups as well. Warm or cold, water is good for your body.
5. Cereal bars/protein bars. There is a balance of nutrition and taste in there.
6. Dried fruit. There are many varieties and they give you a quick burst of energy and health.
7. Vitamins. Many people forget to take their vitamins, but keeping them in the car usually ensures that they will take it.
8. Pita bread, especially wheat pita,can keep in the car for up to a month.
9. Natural popcorn(already popped) Low sodium, low fat, good snacking.
10. peanut butter/cashew butter. I have clients who keep some type of nut butter with them in their cars. A spoonful of these is filling and nutritious.
BE INFORMED. BE CONFIDENT. BE EMPOWERED.
BIRTH INTO MOTHERHOOD WITH DOULA ANGELITA,
SAN JOSE'S COMMUNITY DOULA!--